Friday, May 27, 2011

Literature: Recommended Reading

This will be a shorter post as the point of the post is to just introduce two of my favorite literary series to anyone who follows/reads my blog.

The first one is called the Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte and it is about the fall of the Roman Empire in Britannia and the creation of Camelot and myth and legend of King Arthur. It is beautifully written and every time I finished a book in the series I was disappointed as I grew to love the characters and the series of events they went through. The series has violence, drama, very vivid and sometimes surprising sex scenes, and amazing detail - it is truly an amazing series and I am shocked more people don't talk about it. I've read through it twice and want to go through it a third this summer.

The second is the John Rain series by Barry Eisler. This is about a Japanese/American assassin named John Rain who partakes in different missions over each book in the series. Barry Eisler wrote these books after visiting each location in the book, so everything is exactly as he writes it, at least it was when he wrote it; some things may have changed by now. The series has violence, action, and steamy sex; what more could you want? I've already read through the entire series two or three times and I'm working my way through it again.

Both series are incredibly written and you won't put the books down until you have finished them. I honestly cannot put into words how fantastic these two series of books are and I suggest that if you enjoy reading at all, you go purchase the first books in both series and give them a read; you'll want to get the rest of the books, trust me. If you feel as if I liked a particular series more, you shouldn't because I could not choose a favorite between the two; I love them equally, like just any good parent loves their children equally, even though we all know that's bull shit - I mean what if you have sextuplets or something, are the kids supposed to believe there's really a six way tie? Anyways, here are the links:

John Rain Series by Barry Eisler

Camulod Chronicles Series by Jack Whyte


Note: I do not and will not ever receive money for endorsing a product and I am only doing so based upon the quality of the product and because they do not seem to be well-known. I would never, for example, endorse Harry Potter novels because everyone knows Harry Potter, even if I was offered money.

No comments:

Post a Comment